Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tulane, Shooter Hunt, Preparing for Baseball Opener

As the Green Wave gets ready for its season opener against Illinois-Chicago, Shooter Hunt managed to answer a few questions for The Hullaballoo.

On if the team has scouted Illinois-Chicago yet..

Not so much yet, we probably won't get down to that until Wednesday or Thursday, we have a good idea though, they were in the [NCAA] Tournament last year.

On the Illinois-Chicago team this year...

They usually win their league from what I am told, so I mean it's a good squad. They are coming down from the north so it will be warm weather, I am sure they are all pumped about that. It will be a good test for us.

On starting the first game of the season in brand new Turchin Stadium...

I am sure the butterflies will be swimming around, but thats good too. As long as you channel the right energy, you feed off of that for a long time hopefully. And we all will.

On what he will do for pre-game...

Pre-game will be the same thing I always do. I try to stay as calm as I can. Which will be tougher with the hoopla going around, but I am sure it will be fine.

On the team approach to the beginning of the season...

[We are] just getting back her and trying to go all-out. We have really been concentrating on putting full effort at all times and we have got something to prove this year so it's our first chance to show everybody what we are all about.

On whether he will try to change his approach as a pitcher at all this year...

I don't think so. I still have the same approach as always, just try to go out there and try to give out team the best chance of winning. However that is going to be, is what I am going to do. Wether I am cheering on the side and somebody else has to go in of if I am going the whole way.

On team defense...

I think the defense has done great. I mean I am not jinxing them, but they played great this fall and spring so far.

No comments: