Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kevin Everett

By the time I wrote my 3 point play, I realized I had forgotten perhaps the most important sports story this week. It involves Bills safety Kevin Everett, who after attempting a tackle on Broncos returner Dominick Hixon, lay motionless on the field for several minutes with a cervical spine injury. What is scary about this incident is that the type of hit that may paralyze Everett takes place all the time in football. It is incredibly lucky that these types of injuries are not sustained more often. I hope Everett's case will help bring about better protection for the players who take part in the game that all of us love to watch. The NFL has hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars and some of it should be spent to further research these types of injuries.

No comments: